Here’s a festive parfait that is perfect for the upcoming holiday – if you are ready to try a raw dessert. This parfait includes three distinct layers – Ani Phyo’s Fuzzy Navel Smoothie, a raw cashew whipped cream, and fruit. After making each item, layer in a bowl or parfait dish with fruit. I stored ingredients separate in the refrigerator and then made the desserts when it was time to eat. A friend gave me the fuzzy navel smoothie in this recipe and I came up with this dish. It seemed like a perfect way to use it.
Ani Phyo’s Fuzzy Navel Smoothie
A video for Ani Phyo’s Fuzzy Navel Smoothie can be found online HERE. Be sure to only use 1 cup of water otherwise it becomes too watery to use in the parfait.
- 2 oranges – peeled and seeded
- 1 cup soaked pecans (soak in water for several hours and then rinse)
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 1 vanilla bean (or you can use extract to keep the cost down)
- 1 cup water
Mix all ingredients in a blender. And you are done!
Raw Cashew Whipped Cream
- 1 cup soaked cashews (soak in water for several hours and then rinse)
- ¾ cup water
- Agave nectar to taste – optional
- Vanilla extract to taste – optional
Mix all ingredients in a food processor. And you are done!
For more information on soaking nuts and seeds, the health benefits of soaking nuts, and also recommended soaking times go to Raw Food Living.
And if you are wondering, the name Soggy Pound Cake came from my dear husband, who loves poundcake and thought this had a similar taste.